Posted on 2021-01-11, by Germany2020.
Winds of the Steppe: Walking the Great Silk Road from Central Asia to China by Bernard Ollivier
2020 | ISBN: 1510746900 | English | 336 pages | EPUB | 5 MB
Bernard Ollivier pushes onward in his attempt to become the first person to walk the entire length of the Great Silk Road. "A gripping account. More than just a travel story-this is a quest for the Other."-Alexis Liebaert, L'Événement
Picking up where Walking to Samarkand left off, Winds of the Steppe continues the astonishing tale of journalist Bernard Ollivier's 7,200-mile walk from Turkey to China along the Silk Road, the longest and most mythical trade route of all time.
Taking readers from the snows of the Pamir Mountains to the backstreets of Kashgar-a Central Asian city that could be the setting for One Thousand and One Nights-to the Tian Shan Mountains to the endless Taklamakan and Gobi Deserts of China's Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, Bernard Ollivier continues his epic foot journey along the Great Silk Road hoping to make his way to Han China and reach, at long last, the legendary city of Xi'an.
After traveling through a region dotted with former Buddhist shrines, Ollivier finds himself craving the warm welcome of Islamic lands, where, regardless of their culture or nationality, travelers are often treated as esteemed guests. Beyond the occasional vestige of the old Silk Road, Ollivier comes face to face with sites of religious significance, China's Great Wall, and of course thousands of everyday people along the way.
As Ollivier tries to make sense of his journey and find connections between these people's daily lives and the so-called "modern" world, he does so with a sense of humility that transforms his personal journey into a universal quest.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/Germany2020
- Ebooks list page : 46157
- 2021-03-02Winds of the Steppe: Walking the Great Silk Road from Central Asia to China
- 2021-02-11Winds of the Steppe: Walking the Great Silk Road from Central Asia to China
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Treasures of the Great Silk Road
- 2014-01-09Treasures of the Great Silk Road
- 2021-08-19Taliban Islam, Oil, and the Great New Game in Central Asia [Audiobook]
- 2012-05-17Afghanistan: A Military History From Alexander The Great To The Fall Of The Taliban
- 2012-03-12David Darom - The Great Collections: Modern Custom Knives
- 2011-11-04The Skeptic s Guide to the Great Books [The Great Courses]
- 2011-10-03China, India, and the United States: The Future of Economic Supremacy" [The Great Courses]
- 2011-09-28The Myths of Nutrition and Fitness [The Great Courses]
- 2021-04-26Walking the Great North Line: From Stonehenge to Lindisfarne to Discover the Mysteries of Our Ancient Past [Audiobook]
- 2021-06-02Conservation and Painting Techniques of Wall Paintings on the Ancient Silk Road (True EPUB) - Removed
- 2021-04-25Conservation and Painting Techniques of Wall Paintings on the Ancient Silk Road - Removed
- 2021-04-18Alexander the Great A History From Beginning to End by Henry Freeman
- 2021-04-15Conservation and Painting Techniques of Wall Paintings on the Ancient Silk Road - Removed
- 2021-03-17Irishmen in the Great War: Reports from the Front 1914 (True EPUB)
- 2021-02-18Irishmen in the Great War: Reports from the Front 1914 (True EPUB)
- 2020-12-29China's Global Rebalancing and the New Silk Road
- 2020-12-18Cyrus the Great A Life from Beginning to End
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.